Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Year Full of Smiles

As I celebrated my 27th birthday this month, I found genuine appreciation for these words from Mark Twain: "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."  

Now, let's get one thing straight.  I can't brag, or should I say complain, about wrinkles... yet.  Gray hair, on the other hand, is a very different story.  Despite the grays, my youthful appearance often gets me mistaken for a college or even high school student.

Like Twain, a few, or even a face full of wrinkles doesn't worry me.  Thanks to hair dye, neither do grays.  Beyond aging's physical effects, I'm embracing birthdays as I grow older and letting them serve as a reminder of the past year's blessings.  

Every September I thank God for the many people and experiences responsible for painting a smile on my face over the last 365 days.  After all, "every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father... (James 1:17)."

Ah, there were many smiles, too many to even recount in 2010 and 2011.  As a result, there was much celebration and revelry this birthday, just like always.


Ready to Dig In and SPLURGE


Cream Cheese Swirl Cupcakes (baked with love by Kyle) and Ben and Jerry's
This is all of the flavors I've been eying at the grocery and dying to try.
(P.S. NY Super Fudge Chunk was the best!)