Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall Festival

For the last two years, Kyle and I have volunteered at my school's Fall Festival.  It's a very special celebration that's right around Halloween, and I love being a part of it because the community involvement is so substantial.  Local organizations make donations, parents help decorate and clean up, and students bring everyone in the family to school for a night of fun and games.  

Kyle and I created and manned the very popular tattoo booth right outside my classroom and received lots of willing customers.  In 2010, we were so busy that we didn't get a break for hours.  However, this year NMSU students unexpectedly came to help out.  So, Kyle and I got to freely roam around and visit the other booths, including the spooky haunted house (our favorite).  

Both years the Fall Festival has been a huge success with a large turnout.  I'm not sure why I didn't post about it last year, but I've included photos from the last two Festivals to bring you up to speed.

October 2010
Cowboy Kyle giving Charlize a tat

I dressed as Cat in the Hat.


October 2011 (This Year)
Kyle Gettin' the Job Done (and Having Fun)

Chatting While Applying Tattoos

The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Pre and Post Chrysalis)