Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Trans-Siberian Orchestra


Every year Kyle's company hosts an annual Christmas party for employees in November.  Last year we joined a small group of Kyle's coworkers for dinner at a steak house, followed by the play The Christmas Carol.  


This year we were treated to a performance by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO).  Although we were familiar with the band's songs and had seen their commercials, neither of us had experienced TSO live.  


Here's how I'd explain the experience.  Picture lots of bright flashing lights, fog, flames, a captivating narrator, and deafening volumes of rock music blaring from the instruments of long-haired musicians dressed in black.  Dare I forget the head banging.


The night was fun and entertaining, and I would be up for seeing TSO again.  However, you better believe that I definitely won't forget my earplugs if there ever is a next time.