Monday, November 14, 2011

VISITORS

My mom called about three weeks before Thanksgiving to ask how I felt about having visitors for the holiday.  How did I feeeeeeel?    Ummmm.  Let's see.  Like this.


Now we weren't talking about just any run of the mill out-of-towners.  Certainly not.  My whole immediate family- Dad, Mom, Val and Reba were potentially planning a trip to Cruces to see me... and Kyle of course... and the little dogs too.  In other words, my favorite people in the whole world wanted to travel 2,000 miles to spend Turkey Day with me us.  I hadn't spent Thanksgiving with family in over three years.  Plus, this would be everyone's, except Val's, first trip to the Land of Enchantment.

Being the respectful and communicative wife that I am, I told Mom that I would check with Kyle first.  As expected, Kyle welcomed the idea and was excited about having the OB fam bunk up at our Cruces crib.  Needless to say, once plans were finalized I was the happiest girl ever and could not wait until their arrival.