Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Resurrection Day

Our Easter in New Mexico began with a celebration of The Risen Christ at church in the morning.  I got to see two of my favorite people (my colleague Stacy and her daughter Charlize) there performing for the service. 
 
Easter Morning 2011

Afterward, we enjoyed a nontraditional Easter feast (for us, anyway) with Stacy and her family.  Kyle and I tried our first Navajo tacos, a Native American specialty from northern New Mexico.  The rich tacos included a special fry bread tortilla, ground beef, spicy red chile sauce and toppings of tomato, onion, lettuce and cheese.

Sweet Charlize Helping Prepare the Fry Bread

Time to Serve Up

Delicious Finished Product

When our bellies were full, we winded down the busy day with a Bingo showdown.  Then Kyle and I headed home, thankful for Jesus and the blessing of fellowship with good friends.