Saturday, August 13, 2011

New Beginnings

Well, another summer is ending, and I've been very busy preparing for a new school year.  Coming back to my classroom after vacation had me reminiscing and missing my now all-grown-up second grade students... very much.  However, I'm optimistic about meeting and teaching another group of fabulously fantastic first graders.

Since I was hired to teach an unexpected overflow class last year, I began a month late and was without time to plan my room design... or anything else for that matter.  This year is a different story.  I  returned weeks early to begin cleaning, unpacking, organizing, buying materials and lesson planning.  

Here's a glimpse into what Mrs. Sims has been up to lately.  The goal was creating a purposeful and inviting learning environment.  Students will thrive here.  

Back of Room- Before

Back of Room- After

Front of Room- Before

Front of Room- After

Entrance- Before

Entrance- After

Window Wall- Before

Window Wall- After