Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My First Rodeo

Kyle and I caught one of New Mexico's most popular annual attractions, The Southern New Mexico State Fair.  In one exciting night, I experienced my very first state fair and rodeo.  Even cooler, it all happened in "The Land of Enchantment."  In case you've never been to a fair, allow me to explain what it's all about.  


Sweets are plentiful.  Cotton candy, funnel cakes, ice cream and my favorite, caramel apples, were made to be devoured at state fairs. 


Old MacDonald brings all of his pets to the fair.  Not a single critter is left behind.  Rabbits and turkeys and goats, oh my!

"You remind me of Thanksgiving."


"You want to come home with me?  What will Tiney say?"

Kyle with the Chicken ConTENDERS

Got milk?


"Wilber, is that you?  Salutations!"


Now we understand the term "multiply like rabbits."

How many ways are there to rope a cow?  You'll find out at the rodeo as cowboys and cowgirls perform trick after trick with horses and cattle.



One Rider Down


Ridin' the Bull

A portable amusement park is stationed at the fair.  Enjoy the rides before the sweets; order here is crucial.  After sundown, the rides' bright lights create a dazzling view of the fair that you won't want to miss.

"Good night fair."